Sunday, August 23, 2009

This one might hurt a little...

Amoeba Records should have its own zip code. After 2 hours of perusing and deliberating, carefully weighing my options and going through an extremely painful process of elimination, I selected 12 cds. Oh hell, I'll just list them. I need a way to affirm myself...and my aching wallet. If that's not what a blog is for I just don't know what is!

1. Louis Andriessen: Writing to Vermeer [Nonesuch; De Nederlandse Opera; Schoenberg Ensemble and Asko Ensemble: Susan Narucki, Soprano; Susan Bickley, Mezzo; Barbara Hannigan, Soprano; Reinbert de Leeuw, conductor]

2. Harrison Birtwistle : Secret Theatre [Deutche Grammophon; Ensemble Intercontemporain; Pierre Boulez, conductor]

3. Luigi Dallapiccola: Orchestral Works [Stradivarius; Orchestra Sinfonica Nazionale della RAI: Jean Guihen Queyras, Cello; Pascal Rophe, conductor]

4. Helmut Lachenmann : Schwankungen am Rand [ECM: Ensemble Modern; Peter Eotvos, director]

5. Bjork: Selmasongs

6. Bjork: Medulla

7. Frank Black: Teenager of the Year

8. Miriam Makeba: Homeland

9. The Roches: Moonswept

10. Tom Waits: Blood Money

11. Tom Waits: Mule Variations

12. Tom Waits: Real Gone


.:Sometimes I feel very pathetic. Must get a life. Must.

2 comments:

  1. real gone is probably one of my favorite albums. good call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you bought Miriam Makeba. And love you.

    ReplyDelete